13
May

Who are we?

IE Family Business Club has the purpose to create an informal platform where all IE students involved in family business matters can share their experiences and learn about all relevant family business issues for IE students. The trusted environment that will be created through the agreement of confidentiality will provide the opportunity to gain insights for a sustainable future of your family and its business.

The club intends to set-up its activities such that these are complementary to the Family Venture elective, lectured by Cristina Cruz Serrano.

Current Coordinators

Ricardo PinedaRicardo Pineda, IMBA November 2012

Bachelors Degree in Economics in the Universidad de los Andes, Bogotá, Colombia. After graduation I started creating a Microfinance company in Colombia. Then in 2008, joined Compartamos Con Colombia, a social and sustainability consultancy firm. There I had the chance to work with multinationals, the Colombian Government and multilateral organizations on strategic development, social innovation, entrepreneurship and sustainability projects. After the MBA I am planning to start my own company and also getting involve in the Board of Directors of my family business, increasing the third generation participation in the business.

Since two years I have been actively involved in the Family Business Network (FBN) in Colombia, through conferences and workshops. Through this involvement, my family and I are learning from different experiences how to handle conflict and succession.

Laura VelezLaura Velez, IMBA November 2012

I have a bachelor degree in Business Administration from Universidad de Los Andes, Bogotá, Colombia. While I was still in school, I got an internship at Procter & Gamble in the marketing area, after graduating they offered me a full time job which gave me the opportunity to work with different brands such as Head & Shoulders and Ariel and get a good knowledge on marketing. After four years I decided to quit and join the family business, a real estate company especially focused on the low-income market. My father and my uncle founded the company 20 years ago.  Since three years ago we are members of the Family Business Network (FBN), which helped us to realize about the importance of working on the family constitution and the succession plan. I feel really passionate about the family business topic, therefore I lead the elaboration of the family business constitution and a family strategic planning for the next 15 years.

Maria Paula ZamoranoMaria Paula Zamorano, IMBA November 2012

Bachelor degree in International Business Administration from La Sabana University, Colombia. After working at Cemex in Human Resources for Latin America and the Caribbean I created my own business in companionship of a friend. Nowadays we are in 10 countries around the world and new partners have joined the company. My main goal since very young was working in our family business (automotive industry) so I decided to join the company. I have been working there for more than 2 years as Administrative Director focusing mainly in the design of organizational processes. The most important thing and one of the reasons for doing an MBA is to ensure the longevity of our business. Being part of the second generation has many challenges and I feel the need of learning and understanding more about how to work inside my family business in order to have a balance between my professional and personal life.

Santiago GutierrezSantiago Gutierrez, IMBA November 2012

Industrial Engineer. Started my professional career on a German Biomedical company called Fresenius. I worked on the financial department for 4 years. After this experience I quit my job to start my own business: food catering and cafeteria services for office buildings. After 2 years I sold the cafeteria business unit and started a car dealership company with some associates.

Since I started my profesional career I’ve been involved in my family busines by attending some board meetings and being in constant contact with the financial reports of the different companies. Given that I am from the third generation is not easy to be formerly involved and this is why I’m interested in following the necessary steps to help in the sustanability of the family business.

Allard HeeremaAllard Heerema, IMBA November 2012

After completing my BSc Civil Engineering and MSc Offshore Engineering at Delft University of Technology in The Netherlands, I started working as a Junior Project Engineer at Delta Hydrocarbons, a small oil company start-up. When this company seized to exist, I went working at Chevron E&P Netherlands and after four years of professional experience I decided to do my MBA at IE. After the MBA I am planning to start working at our family business Allseas in which I am part of the second generation.

Since five years I have been actively involved in the Family Business Network (FBN), both in The Netherlands and the international organization, through conferences and workshops. Through this involvement, my family and I are taking steps to ensure continuity of the company and harmony within the family.

Club Activities

All activities are focused on the opportunity for all involved to share experiences, discuss and learn from speakers and each other. We organize monthly sessions with speakers and associated discussions on topics related to the complete spectrum of family business issues. After that there will be the opportunity to continue to share the findings and experiences through informal drinks.

In addition we organize monthly lunches which are open for all interested to informally discuss any issue that comes up.

Our Vision

Furthermore we plan to organize a trip to a region in Europe and visit several family businesses during the fall and a symposium in November/December.

Get in touch and participate!

Join us through IE Communities and our Facebook page. Our club can add optimal value if all our members are actively participating in our activities. We will be delighted with help for our organizing the several events that will take place.

sexo por telefono July 19, 2015 - 12:00 pm

Yo estoy de acuerdo en que se puede hablar de todo y de sexo también ¿por qué no?.