15
Jul

Interview with a Club: IE Spanish Outreach Club

Written on July 15, 2013 by Campus Life in Other Activities, Social

Who are we?

The mission and objectives we aim are to promote and make discover our fellow colleagues the great aspects of the spanish culture, in terms of traditions, gastronomy, history, art and, in general, spanish lifestyle. Our intention is to organize as many events and visits as possible, in order to help dig deeper in the qualities of one of the most ancient cultures in the world. In effect, we try to balance the time among these activities to get a taste of everything that Spain has to offer.

Current CoordinatorsTeam photo spanish outreach club 2

Fernando Echeverría (President)

IMBA Nov’2012

Spain (Vitoria)

I am a finance professional with 6 years of experience combining postgraduate academic preparation and ‘real-world’ experience in Spain and France. After graduating in Law and Economics in the University of Navarra, I moved to Paris to study a Master in Finance in HEC Paris during a year. Later I worked for Deustche Bank in Madrid and Barclays Bank in Toulouse (France) from 2008 until 2011. Then I returned to Madrid to work in transactions consulting for Ernst & Young before entering the IMBA in November 2012. I enjoy meeting new people and I feel the IE Spanish Outreach club is the best opportunity to make the best of my culture and share it with all my fellows during this IE experience.       

María Luisa de Miguel

MIM F1 (English track)

Spanish

I came into the world to be an architect, and after I had become one I realized that I keep on wanting to be and do more things. Currently I am studying the MIM because I want to keep on expanding my knowlede and challenge myself constantly. My enterprenuer spirit has never let me take a break from life. I have started my own architect firm, and architect association and a marmalade company. On the weekeds I work as an architect guide and in my “spare time” I am an assistant professor at ETSAM university and mentor in a programm for students.

As some people say to me, I am hiperactive, but it is only when I am doing things I really like that I put the energy and time.

The IE SPANISH OUTREACH CLUB is my next challenge, and having the opportunity to share this experience with all of the IE members is a great opportunity.

Keryn Bayliss:

Australia

IMBA 2013

Keryn has a degree in commerce and is a certified practicing accountant (CPA). Her professional experience includes a number of years working in banking and finance in London at a leading investment bank. She has managed projects in finance working with operations and sales teams covering business planning, profitability, synthesising business risks and the control environment.

Nacho de Ramón

MIM 2013. F1

Spain (Madrid)

Mi nombre es Ignacio de Ramon, nací en Madrid en 1990 y a los tres años me fui a vivir a Alicante. A los 15 años decidí que mis estudios los tenia que cursas fuera de España y me fuí a Estados Unidos. Despues de acabar mi bachiller alli a los 17 años empecé mi carrera en hostelería en Suiza. La carrera me dio la oportunidad de hacer varias internships. Viví y trabaje en Francía, Turquia y Inglaterra por 6 meses en cada lugar. Todo esto me ha formado y echo la persona que soy hoy en dia.

François Xabier Bacourt

France

MIM 2013. F2

Francois xavier es un chico frances de 21años que vivio una gran parte de su vida en España, pais del que se enamoro en poco tiempo. Graduado en el liceo frances de valencia, se fue a estudiar un bachelor en comercio internacional de 3 años en 3 ciudades y paises diferentes, Barcelona, Dublin y Toulouse consiguiendo asi un doble diploma Franco Español y una red de contactos muy amplia. Durante sus estudios realizo varias practicas: vendedor en Citroen, Assistante del Director of Sales del Westin Valencia (grupo starwood) y de Project Manager en MG valencia, empresa exportadora de muebles valenciana que le acabo contratando para seguir con otro proyecto hasta que empieze el MIM en el Instituto de empresa. Apasionado por la gente y con el manejo de 4 idiomas, se quiere dedicar a las ventas en un entorno internacional.

Patricia Riva

Spain

MIM2013. F2

Club Activities

Prado museum visit + Tapas tour. Sunday 21st April,

Capea:  “You can be bullfighter too! day”. 1st May

Flamenco night 14th April

Fiesta Latina: 12 June

Different cultural and social events that help students and their relatives to better understand and enjoy spanish culture

Our Vision

After summer holidays we are planning to attend to concerts and events organized by Madrid town hall included in the Veranos de la villa prgramme. Also, we are planning to organize a welcoming day in the first weekend of September with a typical spanish paella in a villa close to Madrid.

Get in touch and participate!

We are a very open minded team from different origins and programmes in IE and we look forward to receive your ideas and proposals. We meet regularly to prepare new events and follow up current projects, so do not hesitate to contact us through our Facebook Page and come join us!