27
Mar

Technion students visit IE

Written on March 27, 2014 by Campus Life in Geographic, Social

israelclubAt the beginning of March, during the MBA global network exchange week, students from IE Business Schools visited Technion, a well-known institution in Israel, while students from Technion arrived to Madrid.

IE Israeli alumni, Shai Haim, welcomed current IE students to the Technion start-up accelerator which he manages.

At the same time, the IE Israel Club hosted their fellows Mark Rabin and Sari Taha in the venture network, the weekly pitch slam event hosted by IE’s Venture Lab. Later they discussed on entrepreneurship, innovation and technology. Mark from Alberta, Canada, and Sari from Jerusalem, Israel, are studying in the new International MBA program at the Technion.

During our conversation, Mark discussed his experience and impressions of IE Business School and the Spanish entrepreneurship scene. Here are his answers:

What did you find most attractive of IE?

I was definitely impressed with the IE’s state of the art business facilities.  This is a world class building with a great flow from classroom, to workrooms, to Area 31.  The second thing was the diversity of students and faculty, I can see how this can be an inspiring international learning and working environment.

What is your opinion about the entrepreneurial spirit and activities that you found?

From my short visit, there appears to be a vibrant entrepreneurial spirit at IE.  Area 31 is a really cool open concept workspace with ideas abounding.  People from Europe and all over the world are finding opportunities to develop their business ideas in Spain, and IE seems up to the challenge to help make these dreams a reality.  The only limitation I see is that Europe in general seems to have a lack of entrepreneurial fire, people don’t appear to be super hungry to start businesses and take risks as I’ve seen in other parts of the world.  So this is the biggest challenge, I guess.

What was the most exciting thing you discovered about IE from a professional perspective?

From the professional/scholastic side I was really impressed with the professionalism of students and staff, a wide variety of young people from all over the world, with great student/staff mentoring opportunities.  What impressed me the most again was Area 31 (since this is the third time I’ve mentioned it!), and the wonderful resource it is for students and staff.

Why did you chose to come to IE?

Well, firstly, it was thanks to the Yale Global Network Week that I was even able to entertain the opportunity to choose IE, but I wanted to experience what a top European business school has to offer, and measure myself up to some of the smartest minds in the world.

Campus Life April 1, 2014 - 4:02 am

Salerno…

At the beginning of March, during the MBA global network exchange week, students from IE Business Schools visited Technion, a well-known institution in Israel,…