25
May

MBAT 2014

Written on May 25, 2014 by Campus Life in Sports

We went ahead this year for participating in MBAT 2014 with lots of fanfare and preparation. IE Badminton club is absolutely proud of our team!!! We started off with an amazing and entertaining match against LBS 1, definitely by far the strongest team on the entire competition…

We started with the men’s doubles, where Prashant Kumar and I made a fantastic Job and beat them on the first match! 1-0…Then I assumed the responsibility for the men’s singles… Even though I’m not a singles guy, and having the complete support of our IE’s cheerleaders, I lost that game 21-17 with an amazing opponent from Hong Kong… I swear I gave my best guys, still sad to disappoint you but after the match I was overwhelmed by your support and from other schools about my game and our effort, so I ended really happy for playing an awesome match that everyone in the colyseum enjoyed watching, the entire place was watching the game and it was an amazing experience. We added Hidemi to our team so she could give us a hand on the women’s singles, however she faced the most hard girl’s opponent in the entire competition and she lost, but words aren’t enough to thank her for her support and her awesome performance through the entire competition!!! Then we had the nicest surprise..my girls Yuvika and Mallory just made a superb match for the women’s doubles and totally kicked their asses on the doubles match!! Making the match tied up 2-2 and a definition pending to see which was the best team of the entire competition (really sad that both teams were against on quarterfinals, we were all recognized by other competitors as the strongest team, but HEC odd rules made that happen and somehow made them benefit…)

A thrilling definition, with an absolutely amazing performance by Yuvika and Prashant…we have analyzed the match several times, there was nothing to change, they just weren’t so lucky in a game that was applauded by LBS members themselves..We lost 3-2 in a game that we all know it was the real final (people from LBS, Manchester, ESADE, and other schools have approached to me to tell us that we were the strongest one!)…we made an awesome bonding with LBS players, they complained also to the organization that the rules made them go against the strongest team (us) when it should have been the final…but IT DOESN’T MATTER ANYMORE! I’m totally proud to have been the captain of absolute fighters! I love you guys, you completely made me proud today for what we have accomplished in just a few months, you are awesome…Let’s not forget Thorsten , he also played an amazing role in the games he played! We sadly didn’t have him for the quarterfinals but his commitment and effort in other stages was admirable…We wish to thank each and every member of the badminton team and all the supporters present for their dedication and efforts. It was a wonderful tournament.

IE Badminton Club