17
Jun

Women in Business Mentoring for Career Options Program

Written on June 17, 2014 by Campus Life in Professional

Rachel Introducing Mentoring ProgramIf you don’t know about the Women in Business Club’s mentoring program yet, YOU SHOULD!

The program is coordinated by the Women in Business Club with the help and support of the IE Center for Diversity.  The mentors are men and women executives and professionals based in Madrid whom come from a variety of nationalities and industries.  All mentors speak either Spanish or English, or both.  The purpose of the program is to provide professional support and mentoring during their master program, to develop a model to provide support for the careers of high-potential women, and to develop evaluation and monitoring tools that will enable the program to track the professional development of participants over time.

The program begins with an initial workshop to introduce mentees to mentors, provide mentoring training and help participants find a good match.  Once the mentees and mentors have been matched 1:1, they will begin their individual mentoring sessions where they can focus on what the mentee has identified as their goals.  Once the four individual sessions have been completed, the IE Center for Diversity provides a closing event for the mentees and mentors separately so that they can share their experiences with each other.  We then ask for a final evaluation from the mentees and mentors so that we (the Women in Business club and the Center for Diversity) can analyze the process among all parties involved in order to make improvements for coming years.

Mentoring MeetingSounds great, right?  I’m sure you’re wondering how to sign up.  Our current mentoring program is already in session, but we will be providing an information session for the next mentoring program in the summertime (to be announced at a later date) where you can get more details on the application process and you can also ask questions to the Women in Business club.  The application process is rigorous as we’re looking for the most dedicated and responsible students.  After all, you’re representing not just yourselves, but also the Women in Business Club and IE.  As a former mentee myself, I promise that it is worth it!  And if you need more reasons for applying, here are quotes from mentees and mentors that participated in last year’s program:

“Thanks to my mentor, joining the Mentoring Program was one of the best decisions of my MBA.”
– Mentee

“It was an amazing experience with a lot of support for different areas in my life and future career path.” – Mentee

“This process has inspired me to become a future mentor.  I have gained so much through this program that I would like to give back to society.”
– Mentee

“Vuelves a los básicos de tu motivación profesional y llegas enseguida a puntos de encuentro entre el mentor y el mentee.  El aprendizaje es mutuo.”
– Mentor

“Was able to engage with a mid-career woman to better understand the challenges she faces in making decisions about what she really wants in a career.”
– Mentor

“The mentoring program allowed me to discover and strengthen a stronger part of myself that I didn’t realize I had.”
– Mentee

Karishma Me Lisa“The program provides the opportunity to exchange experiences with a person who has a significant professional career, but especially excellent personal qualities.”
– Mentee

“El programa me ha ayudado a conocerme más a mi misma y disfrutar más de la situación profesional que tengo.”
– Mentee

For more information, please contact womeninbusiness@ie.edu.

IE Women in Business Club