23
Apr

Sailing is magic – Global MBA Trophy

Written on April 23, 2015 by Campus Life in Social, Sports

Global MBA Trophy 2015I am still in the process of getting back to reality. Watching all the photos that were taken last weekend made me relive it all over again. There are three words that have been playing through my head the past days: ‘sailing is magic’. The sea, the waves, the wind, the feeling of flying over the water, but most of all, the people you spend time with. I have been sailing with IE for a year now, and I have seen a lot of our members growing from beginners to experienced sailors. And on top of that, no matter if we win or lose the competition, IE people bring happiness and energy to each event. No regatta passes by without IE leaving its mark on it.

In Athens it was inevitable to leave our mark, as we were a crew of no less than 20 people, compared to most other schools who were only 6. Even though we had two members from Bocconi, one from INSEAD, and one from LBS, everyone integrated into oIMG_5220ur big and happy family. Me as a coordinator, I couldn’t be more proud of the people we bring with us, and as a captain, I couldn’t be more proud of the effort and energy my crew has put into the sailing and after-sailing events.

As it was my first time as a skipper, I would really like to make some honorable mentions to my crew. To start with, Alfredo, our captain banana and most qualified helmsman. He was caught on tape while eating a banana, as we were heading towards the finish line, with the LBS boat behind us. Secondly, Elina, who I last time mentioned as our most amazing dancer. Although we did had another moment of ‘Bailando’, this weekend she turned into our headsail girl from the first day on. By the end of the weekend, she was our pro on port. Our starboard headsail girl, Gabriela, who always is the model of the boat, really showed that she’s not just super pretty, IMG_0558but also a real sailor. Together they did an amazing job, and we were always faster than anyone else. Our mainsheet trimmer was Pier, the strongest of course, because the mainsheet can be a heavy burden. But nothing was too big for Pier, and in our winning race, he was hanging on the sheet until we passed the finishing line.

We also had on board two new members. First Camille, who might appear girly, but proved herself a real marine, as she was jumping on the boat for the first time before I could even turn around to give her a hand. She was always on track to tell us our time to the start and bearing for the next buoy. Our second new member was Logan, who was trimming the mainsail, a very complicated job, and it showed very soon that Logan is a natural. We also had on board a guest of honor, Alessandra, who normally sails with Bocconi, but she celebrated as one of us when we won the 4th race. Without this crew, we would never have been as fast as we were in Athens. Sailing is magic, but sailing with an IE crew is like heaven on earth.

I want to thank everyone who came out and especially my dear friend Daniela for helping me organize!

Sophie A.M. van Goethem

psn code generator- online psn codes May 22, 2015 - 12:36 pm

It’s perfect time to make some plans for the long run and it’s time to
be happy. I have learn this publish and if I may just I desire to recommend you few fascinating things or suggestions.

Maybe you can write next articles referring to this article.
I want to learn more things approximately it!

Appreciating the commitment you put into your website and detailed information you present.
It’s good to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same out of date
rehashed material. Fantastic read! I’ve saved your site and I’m adding your RSS
feeds to my Google account.

www.hacksgen.com May 26, 2015 - 1:53 am

Heya i am for the first time here. I came across this board and I find It
really helpful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to present one thing back and help others such as you
helped me.

free plunder pirates hack no download May 26, 2015 - 5:04 am

I visited various web sites but the audio feature for audio songs current
at this web site is really marvelous.