30
Jun

My MBAT journey actually started in February with an audition. We were all excited about the audition as dance club coordinators and we all wanted to find dancers who were going to represent IE in MBAT. Even though I was a coordinator, I also competed with everyone to get in to the team and at the end we created our dream team. It was exciting to meet with so many new and good dancers there.salsa5

salsa2During these months I was in the second term of my MBA and it was getting harder every day. It was impossible for us to start practicing and doing all the group works and presentations. The workload was too much. One day we changed our mindset and started seeing dance practices as small escapes from all the craziness we had been going through.

Learning a completely new choreography is always hard and getting to know a new dance partner at the same time is even harder. We started creating our choreography but there was something missing, the charm.

One day before MBAT, 02:00 am in Madrid. Still having fun!

salsa4

During our practices we got a lot of help from Talent Show winners Manan&Vanessa and thanks to them we were able to add little details to our dance. Last 2 weeks every night we met in the studio and spent at least 3 hours a day. That was a real commitment. Sometimes we needed to sacrifice the things we loved to make it to the practice. However, I still can say every second was worth it because we became a family. I am really proud that I got the chance to represent IE with my favorite sport, Salsa!     

It’s show time! We are ready! Ricardo, Berna, Kareem, Suzy, Arslan, Olivia