15
Jul

Be coordinator of IE Lebanon Club by Mohamed Daher

Written on July 15, 2016 by Campus Life in Geographic

One year ago I arrived to Madrid, a city new to me from all aspects whether its language, culture, people, food, streets and transportation. The feeling of being in a place knowing no one and having no one to rely on was overwhelming and that’s where I met Nizam. Nizam introduced himself as a Lebanese student from a previous intake and a President of what he called The IE Lebanon Club. At first it sounded to me like a group of people where I could finally speak my mother tongue and who could show me where to find my favorite food, shortly after I realized that it would be my new family for the year to come.

During this year and as a member of the IE Lebanon Club family and later its new president, I have gathered great memories and experiences from different activities and events that we have organized, planned and contributed. From arranging gatherings to our compatriots, helping new comers settling in, inviting Lebanese icons to share their experience, to contributing in parties and social events, we all worked hard to spread and recognize our culture.

Academic years finishes but the bonds we created through this club will linger through our life time. Wherever we will be we vow to continue spreading our traditions and supporting our compatriots however needed.  Thanks to IE and its amazing Campus life office now we have friends from around the world and we are happy that we have presented our country in the best way possible.

Again a student life without Campus life is no life at all, I urge all IEers whether they are current students or alumni to take part in campus life activities and join as many clubs as possible to leave a bright footprint for all the new intakes to come.