4
May

Danelle Briscoe
Teacher at IE School of Architecture and Design

My name is Danelle Briscoe. I am a faculty member of the School of Architecture Undergraduate program in Segovia. In the past year I have taught introductory drawing and design studio and currently a fourth year studio. As a supplement I offered BIM software workshops. I supervise the Fellows program and serve as Studio coordinator for the School.

I came from an Associate position at the University of Texas at Austin and prior to that a tenured position at Unitec in Auckland, New Zealand. Segovia is an interesting place for me to be staring a new chapter in my career. The city and IE University offer a rich history and a diverse community of people and students to surround myself, my teaching and research.

I hope that students and others I work with will see my background and future impact as a positive and forward thinking influence on our community and the architecture discipline at large.

—-

Bio: Danelle Briscoe holds a Master of Architecture degree from Yale University (2002) and a Bachelor of Architecture degree from the University of Texas at Austin with Honors (1995). She has practiced with firms that include Frank Gehry Partners, LLP, Marmol+ Radziner LLP (both in Los Angeles) and was a Resident Architect at Centerbrook Architects (in Connecticut). Prior to her current position, she was an as Associate Professor at the University of Texas at Austin and a tenured Lecturer at Unitec in Auckland, New Zealand. She has also served as Visiting Faculty at the Architectural Association, University of Auckland and Huazong University of Science and Technology in Wuhan, China. Her drawings and constructions have been exhibited internationally, including exhibited work in Axis Gallery, Tokyo (2002), the 2004 ICFF in New York, the MAK Center in Los Angeles (2004), and an Objectspace solo show in Auckland, New Zealand (2008).