11
May

Drishty Tanwar
Human Resource Professional
Dual Degree – Master in Management and Master in International Relations
President – IE Public Speaking Club
Coordinator – IE Public Management & Policy Making Club
IE Ambassador – Master in International Relations
From: Mumbai, India

As part of my admission process, I was asked during my interview – “Why IE?”  My answer was simple: “I choose to be part of this global fraternity where my norms and beliefs can stand the test of reason. What is ‘right’ on my ‘side of the world’ isn’t necessarily so elsewhere. I wanted to break out of my mould, to be challenged, and in return contribute to this privileged fraternity.”

So, began my journey with IE in January 2016.

My goals were very clear even before I started my Masters. I came to IE to learn the fundamentals of management and expand my network. Today, I am seventy-one days away from graduating and I take a moment to pause and reflect on my journey so far. Everyday still feels like a fresh slate with infinite possibilities and ample learning. However, I wasn’t expecting to find myself making lifelong friends, discover what I stand for and shape my values. During those moments, this past year when I felt most challenged, my instinct was to rely on strength and force. What I discovered as the months progressed, is that to learn and grow, I needed to acknowledge my vulnerabilities—open up, ask for help and work closely with others. Acknowledging my weaknesses has ultimately led me to build on my strengths.

The holistic experience of the “Master in Management” and “Master in International Relations” Dual Degree Program truly embodies and celebrates diversity. It has been incredibly inspiring to learn from high achievers of diverse backgrounds and experiences, these include my own classmates, the faculty, guest speakers or alumni. It is within this spectacular diversity that I have realized that the world presents a much larger canvas of opportunities and experiences to create our own unique impressions.

As an academic community, IE teaches us to explore and investigate beyond the confines of a classroom. It is not just the seat of learning but also a source of inspiration that provides bigger stimuli for thought and action for me. The curriculum questions the conventional, challenges the known and pioneers the unknown.

My ‘IE Blueprint’ is to “Break the Mould”. I have the pleasure and privilege of currently leading an extraordinary team that coordinates the IE Public Speaking Club (we invite you to join the community through Campus Life). Change and impact in even the smallest terms has the biggest ripple effect on a community and what better way of contributing than having confident and thoughtful speakers share the power of the word and speech. It is extremely satisfying to see tangible results when people overcome their inhibitions and evolve in that chaotic space where all the magic happens.

Bio: Drishty Tanwar is a skilled HR professional from Mumbai, India with experience in the hospitality industry and non – profit sector. With a Masters in Human Resource Management and a Bachelor of Business Administration Degree she possesses hands-on exposure to business functions such as recruitment, talent acquisition and knowledge management. She is currently a Dual Degree Masters candidate pursuing her ‘Master in Management’ and ‘Master in International Relations’ at IE Business School from where she will graduate in July 2017. She aims to work in Human Capital Planning upon graduation. An affinity for photography and an obsession for travelling, Drishty likes books and photographically documenting the lives of people she has met on her travels.