29
Jun

Isabel Macías Núñez
Associate Director of Communications at IE Business School
From: Spain

After completing my Bachelor in Journalism, I decided to do a Master in Corporate Communication at IE because I thought it would equip me with further essential tools before joining the professional world. At the time I had no idea of how IE was going to change my life.

I have been passionate about reading and writing since I was a child. This passion has been extremely helpful in terms of personal development, as well as on a professional level. Hence, last year I was delighted to discover initiatives like the IE Foundation Prizes in the Humanities, which encouraged students and alumni to participate in a totally different form of competition to what is considered normal in business schools. After participating in last year’s edition, what really impressed me was meeting IE students from other programs, from other schools, with the same passion for prose, poetry, photography, video … It was wonderful to realize that there was also a place for us at IE.

I like to compare IE with literature because they have both offered me the option of traveling to unknown places, observing and learning from the behavior of people, and developing my creativity, among many other things.

Today, in a society that lives at a dizzying pace, I believe that the fact that IE promotes the humanities as a fundamental complement to business education is even more significant. I feel very fortunate to be part of a community with a strong commitment to the humanities. I am also very happy to be able to pursue my two passions in a place as dynamic, flexible and cool as IE!

Bio: Isabel holds a Bachelor of Journalism from Complutense University (Madrid) and a Master in Corporate Communication from IE School of Human Sciences and Techonlogy. Isabel currently works as an Associate Director of Communications at IE Business School.