13
Jul

Emanuele Sacchetti: a letter to upcoming students

Written on July 13, 2017 by Campus Life in IE Stories

Emanuele Sacchetti
IE International MBA September 2016 alum
Former coordinator of IE Sailing Club and IE Italy Club
From: Italy

Dear students, dear folks about to start this incredible adventure at IE,

This is a letter for You. My IMBA program at IE ended just few hours ago, presenting at the Venture Day, and my airplane is rapidly taking me back to my home country. While the sun goes down, painting the clouds of purple, this need to share the following words is arising.

Living at IE, you will soon understand how central the sense of being part of this Community is. With this word, Community, I refer to You, starting this journey, and Us, waiting to embrace you in the Alumni family few months from now.

I wish you could ask yourselves what this Community means for you. For me, it’s the union of Women and Men sharing experiences and goals, their Past and their Future. Yes, sharing, because IE
is US, all together. The Present is yours, live it intensely and don’t forget about the Past and the Future.

This year, Time will be your scarcest resource. Use it wisely, and you will be able to be generous. Our community needs your passion, your engagement and willingness to share your amazing skills.
For example, pitching to each section, our amazing IE Sailing Club coordinators were able to double the number of participants to the IE Winter Regatta (Lanzarote, 9th – 12th March 2017). Many students had so much fun that joined for all the other Regattas, such as the Global MBA Trophy, organized by London Business School in Athens. These events combine sport, great fun and networking among students from the top Business Schools! It’s all about people, it’s all about you!

As my grandfather used to say, Ideas walk on people’s legs. So, I wish you to be the legs of your ideas and to make the most out of your time. Contribute to the community, enroll as Clubs
coordinators, participate in Campus Life, create your experience with passion. If you’ll give up a small part of your time in favour of the IE Community, you will all get a greater benefit.

Welcome to IE and best of luck for the upcoming year to you all!

Bio: Emanuele is an Italian IMBA alumnus from the September 2016 Intake. After achieving his M.A. in Law, he developed his passion for entrepreneurship, founded two startups and decided to join IE to learn the secrets that can turn an entrepreneurial mindset into a successful story. At IE, he developed his third startup project and he contributed actively to the Community by coordinating the IE Sailing Club and the IE Italy Club Madrid Chapter. 

Sophie Anne Marie van Goethem July 14, 2017 - 8:37 am

I couldn’t agree more! It was a pleasure to sail with you Emanuele!