20
Jul

Marianne Ribert
Executive Director of the GXMBA
IE Business School
From: Denmark

In January of this year, I had my 10th anniversary as IE staff.

In my time at IE, I have always worked in Program Management in one way or another. I have been involved in full time and part-time programs, face-to-face and online. The Program Management is in a very central position; we get to work and collaborate directly with all the different internal stakeholders at IE – Faculty, Planning, Admissions, Careers, Alumni, Administration and Documentation, just to mention some of them. But most importantly, we get to work with the most important stakeholder of IE: the students.

This week I have the distinct pleasure of seeing another group of amazing students graduate from IE Business School.

It is always a very stressful week for us. We have to make sure the grades are in on time, we have to coordinate schedules and exams and students, we have to follow up on grades, on deliverables and on GPAs. Not to mention the printing of the rankings, the certificates and all the other paperwork.

So it can sometimes be difficult to remember to stop and breathe for a minute and remember to enjoy and appreciate the honor it is to have been able to follow the transformation of a group of people as closely as we have. Some students undergo minor transformations, others make great leaps. Some seemed to fly through the program, others struggled visibly. Each journey is different, it is definitely always bumpy, but they all came here, rich and poor, high and low, young and … well, less young, and trusted us with their time, their hopes and their eagerness to learn.

And that is a true honor and a privilege.

So, I will take this opportunity to congratulate all the students who are graduating this week. 1700 students, no less! As always, it has been a pleasure to be a very small part of this important journey, I hope we all made the bumpy ride a little bit smoother. I look forward to seeing you back as alumni, colleagues, collaborators and speakers!

Bio: Marianne Ribert is the Executive Director of the GXMBA. She is originally from Denmark where she got her BA in Arts. She has lived in Spain for the last 15 years and before coming to IE Business School, she worked in communications and marketing in Madrid and Barcelona.