27
Jul

Brazil Club – By Guilherme Ubiali

Written on July 27, 2017 by Campus Life in Geographic, Professional, Social

Last year, 2016, was very special to me, because I did my international MBA, a dream that I have since college. One of the things that I most liked about the MBA was the opportunity to participate in the clubs; I was a member of several clubs such as FMCG, Public Speaking, E-commerce, and HealthCare, but it was at the Brazil Club that I participated more.

I am passionate about my country, so as soon as I arrived in IE I talked with the coordinators of Brazil Club to help them. I started as a member, then gained more responsibilities and ended up being one of the main organizers of the first Brazilian Party of the year (Spring 2016). The coordinators, seen my dedication to the club, talked with me about the possibility of being a coordinator too, and maybe president of the club. I embraced the idea and started looking for friends who wanted to go on this journey with me, I knew that alone it would be impossible to do everything, so I set up a very strong team of coordinators that supported me when I was elected president of the club in May 2016.

Being President of the club was not only an honor for representing my country but also an incredible opportunity to learn. I could practice leadership and teamwork, organize events, do networking and promote our country. During the period that I was president, we did the welcome event for new Brazilian students, and the second Brazilian Party of the year (Fall 2016), this time with “samba” dancers. We also did a traditional Brazilian barbecue and several social events for the members.

In partnership with Area 31, we supported the launch of the book of the Brazilian professor Newton Campos, we participated in the magical Global Village and we organized the master event of the year, a lecture of one of the most famous Brazilian’s journalists, Eliane Cantanhêde, to talk about the political situation in Brazil.

And now I finish my period as coordinator with joy and gratefulness for the support I received from all the members, especially the partners I had as coordinators with me; Daniel, Gabriela, Carol, Bruno, and Alexandre.

Guilherme Ubiali