14
Sep

Angela Ehrenzeller: Humanizing IE through Social Media

Written on September 14, 2017 by Campus Life in IE Stories

Angela Ehrenzeller
Social Media Manager at IE
From: Colorado, USA

I’m a Colorado Native who now considers herself part-Spanish as a result of the way Spain’s cobblestone walkways, clinking caña glasses and vast landscapes have worked their way into my heart.

I consider myself a fairly basic person and I’m pretty content with a good piece of chewing gum, fresh air and a challenge ahead of me. That is why I love IE (for the challenge part- I provide my own gum).

I started at IE over 4.5 years ago covering a maternity leave Web Project Manager position in Marketing. I was then offered my current job as Social Media Manager and I ended up accepting the challenging of being the main person responsible for social media at IE for all master programs, international offices and global initiatives.

I love helping project the beautiful, chaotic mixture of all the incredible minds, backgrounds, experiences and ideas that comprise the IE community on our social media networks.

Side note: Don’t judge me by my personal social media activity.

My time at IE has been filled with endless trials, problem-solving sessions, and intriguing conversations flowing from coffee cup meetings with creative, driven people. I feel honored to work with such brilliant minds from all around the world who impress me on a daily basis.

For me, it’s each individual who has touched any part of IE, set foot in its classrooms, connected virtually, explored its websites, constructed a project, arranged meetings or cleaned its floors that forms part of the IE family. I strive each day in my position to unearth the various stories that comprise IE, from its incredibly diverse students to its projects and events to its brilliant professors and staff, sharing them with the outside world by using one of the most powerful tools available today: social media.

IE is a breathing, reeling being consisting of many extraordinary facets, ready to attack and inspire. I work each day to make sure the world sees that. One post and tweet at a time. Yes, I’m over my 140 characters…

Bio: Angela Ehrenzeller is the Social Media Manager at IE, responsible for the strategies, planning and execution of content published on all social media platforms for all programs within IE Business School, IE School of Human Sciences & Technology, IE School of Architecture & Design, IE School of International Relations and IE Law School. She is also in charge of global social media initiatives and serves as the main point of contact for all social media for the 29 international offices. Before joining IE, Angela worked as a Web Manager for a digital design company in Boulder, Colorado.