28
Sep

Laura Marco-Gardoqui: on managing an MBA and motherhood

Written on September 28, 2017 by Campus Life in IE Stories

Laura Marcogardoqui Grande
Global MBA September 2016 intake student
M&A Lawyer
Entrepreneur
From: Bilbao, Spain

I believe we all share a common duty: “Make the world a better place”. This is a very challenging objective that I try to pursue both in my professional life and in my personal life. Before having my first child, I was very focused on my professional career, and I felt I could reach my dreams in this domain.

When I became a mother a new passion arose: to make the best out of my children. Our children will one day be responsible for the future of our society and thus we need to educated them with strong values, positive thinking and leadership. This will give them the tools to have a positive impact in the world and become change-makers and leaders of the future. But on the top of that, I believe this will give them the most precious gift: sense of accomplishment and fulfilment.

Both motherhood and a professional career are very demanding, and unfortunately many women tend to give one up.  It is sometimes not easy to find the energy to cross the lines and meet all your objectives and overcome the daily challenges.

This is why I decided to study an executive MBA at the IE. I chose the blended program, that allowed me to attend my professional and personal duties while learning from the best teachers and sharing expertise with a global network of alumni.

I believe that the IE Global MBA will give me the necessary tools to balance my personal and professional life and fulfil my dream of creating sustainable growth and a positive impact in society.

Bio: Laura is an experienced professional, skilled in corporate law and strategic planning. Natural connector, recognizing business opportunities and the potential in others. Used to work in multicultural teams (Spanish, English and French) and cross border projects. Passionate about projects that can make a positive impact on society and sustainable business growth possibilities. She speaks French, English and Spanish.