2
Nov

Patricia Morales: one of the “veterans” of IE

Written on November 2, 2017 by Campus Life in IE Stories

Patricia Morales
Executive Director of Master Programs at HST
From: Madrid, Spain

I can proudly declare that I am one of the ‘veterans’ at IE. I still recall my first day at work as Program Assistant of the International MBA program. Since the first moment I felt captured by the diversity and quality of our student body. Back then there were only 100 students in the program and we had to take attendance every morning. It gave us the opportunity to learn their names and start building a relationship with them. This is what I always have liked the most about my work: to have the opportunity to help and guide the students and also to learn from them about their different cultures, religions and behaviors. I have had the honor and pleasure of seeing many groups of amazing students graduate and I still get moved even today when students receive their diplomas during graduation. We know how much time and effort they have devoted to achieving their goal and we feel we have an important role in contributing to their success.

I have been developing my professional career at IE for the last 17 years in a range of different positions. First at IE Business School and more recently at the IE School of Human Sciences and Technology. I feel happy to be part of HST – this growing, ambitious and innovative School with a lot of projects in its portfolio. In my role as Executive Director of Master Programs at HST, I coordinate a team of fantastic people. This is the most challenging but enriching part of my work. We all work hard to enhance our students’ experience and make it unforgettable. Our motto at HST is “tough love”.

On a more personal level I can share with you that I am married and I have two children, a boy of 17, and a girl of 14. Last July my husband and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary. Now that our children are more independent and we have more free time, we like to spend our leisure time travelling by motorbike. What I most enjoy in these road travels is to be in contact with nature and discover new picturesque small villages and landscapes. Also it gives us the opportunity to meet new people that also shares the passion for motorbikes. I am also passionate about cinema. I like to go to the cinema at least twice a month, alone or with my daughter.

During my years at IE, I have witnessed the enormous growth and transformation our institution, but I feel that despite all of this change, our main values remain the same: diversity, innovation, entrepreneurial spirit and a humanistic approach. This mix is what make us different and unique. I still feel it is a privilege to be part of this community.

Bio: Patricia Morales de Setién is the Executive Director of Master Programs at IE’s School of Human Sciences and Technology (HST). She is responsible for coordinating the operational team and working closely with the Deans and Vice-Deans of the school to identify and implement operational excellence among HST’s diverse Masters programs, Patricia holds a BA in Psychology from Universidad Pontificia de Comillas, as well as an Executive Master in Business Administration from IE Business School, and an MA in Human Resources from ESIC.