17
Nov

USA Club Blog – Second USA Club Event – Club Fair

Written on November 17, 2017 by Campus Life in Geographic, Social

I joined my fellow American board members for the October 9th club fair at MM4. Our January intake had previously held the club fair in the Launch Pad of MM31, so I was curious how big of a turn out there would be.

The place was packed! Many different clubs, with club members sharing their pride for their group with potential members. And unlike before, there were potential members from all the different IE programs, not just IMBA.

The USA Club was on fire! Andres, looking very dapper and professional, was making moves left and right, talking with people and signing them up for our club. Adi was all over the venue meeting people, infecting classmates with our unique, exciting and fun American spirit. Lauren, our fearless leader, looked resplendent in a multicolored dress which perfectly personified the beauty of diversity we value so highly in the United States. I did my best just to keep up with these fine Americans as I met interesting new people from so many different countries and programs.

By the end of the night we had shared several Mahous with our classmates, (I had a funky bottled “lemonade” I’ve never seen before and may choose not to try again) and wound up with a great long list of new members. Walking around, it looked like the other clubs had had a awesome night as well. Everyone there had smiles on their faces as they chowed down on the free popcorn and sipped the free cold brewskis.

My favorite part of IE is our diversity and the USA Club is working awesomely, as one piece of that beautiful diversity tapestry!

Until next time amigos!