21
Dec

Alicia Moder
Executive MBA Student, 2017 intake
From: Madrid, Spain

I’m a mother of two children, passionate about digital marketing and very ambitious. It’s difficult to make everything compatible, but I try.

Two years ago, I decided to start writing a blog about digital marketing in health industry to force keeping me updated about the digital transformation that we are living. Especially at the beginning, it was very difficult to manage time between family and “hobby”, but I’m steadfast and I got it.

I noticed how ill-prepared people in this sector are about digital marketing. That’s why, I decided to go ahead and took the first step to write a book, starting teaching at the same time. It took me and my co-author more than a year to write this user manual of digital marketing in healthcare, but we finally succeeded!

Months ago, due to my continuous process of professional development, I realized I needed to take the next step in my professional career and I decided to start an MBA.

During my search for a right business school I realized that IE Business School was internationally well positioned and plays an important role in innovation (that is a must for me), so in October I started the Executive MBA at IE Business School.

I want to be well prepared to manage a team and as Steve Jobs said: “management is about persuading people to do things they do not want to do, while leadership is about inspiring people to do things they never thought they could”. IE Business School offers me all the tools I need to be a disruptive leader knowing a company in a 360 degree.

I think it’s the best way to be inspired constantly, by speakers, classmates, teachers etc… Being ambitious it’s important to step up in my career in an environment of innovation, where to learn new skills to better achieve my goals with gorgeous people as the ones I’ve met in IE Business School.

Nevertheless, my family is the most important for me and I want to be inspirational for my children too.

Looking forward, I hope to manage in a right way my personal and professional life without losing sight of what motivates me.

BIO: Digital & Communication Manager- Abbott Diabetes Care. Executive MBA graduate 2017-2018. Coauthor of the book “Marketing Digital-Healthcare” and author of the blog aliciamoder.com. Passionate about Digital Marketing and new technologies, with more than 13 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry in a wide rage of fields including Marketing, Sales, eBusiness and Communication. Currently a professor of Digital Marketing in Healthcare, and speaker in different Digital Health Marketing events.