Who are we?
Our mission is to foster the spirit of entrepreneurship among IE students. We focus on organizing events that will inspire and help entrepreneurs, especially in the phases of 1) deciding to become an entrepreneur and 2) turning your idea in a real company.
IE Business School was founded by entrepreneurs and has tremendous focus on developing and honing the skills of entrepreneurs. We have our mission and objectives aligned with that.
Denny Morawiak (President) – IMBA-April – Co-founder of Golsie and current participant in Venture Lab. Denny comes from Germany with passion for Speed Skating, Basketball and Running.
Tim Neidhardt – IMBA April – Played competitive Tennis and currently participates in Venture Lab with PeopleSports. Tim comes from a family business background in Germany.
Deep Mehta – IMBA November – An entrepreneur who started his own clothing company called Bombay Clothing Company based out of Mumbai, India. Deep is also the Social Media Manager of the Club
Paal Ringstad – MIM September – His passion is understanding the mechanisms and structure of the human mind. He wishes to start his own private school in the future, where he can apply and develop powerful and efficient learning tools. Paal is from Norway but speaks also French, Spanish and Portuguese.
Tarek Abou Nassar – IMBA November – Prior to starting his MBA, Tarek worked for several years contributing and growing his family business in hospitality and services in Lebanon; he is passionate about the video games industry and sports.
Elias El Hayek – IMBA November – Having previously worked with young entrepreneurs, business owners and startups, Elias has built a good understanding of an entrepreneurial mindset and has developed a passion for innovation and creativity, Elias is Lebanese, he speaks Arabic, French and English.
We have 3 categories of events:
1) The creative crunch: This is a brainstorming event where students come together in a casual atmosphere to explore and develop potential business ideas.
For aspiring entrepreneurs that look for an idea.
2) The pitch night: Startup teams get the opportunity to present their idea in front of fellow entrepreneurs. They receive critical feedback on their business models and presentation techniques.
For founders that want to test their idea.
3) The speaker series: This is our flagship event series, where we invite inspirational entrepreneurs and investors to come and talk about their successes and failures. In 2013, we had already Raul Valdes Perez who presented his book: “Advice is for winners” and Luis Ivan Cuende who talked about tech-entrepreneurship at a young age (he had started 3 companies by the age of 17).
For everyone – really!
For us, IE is about entrepreneurship. Going forward we want to:
– Continue to bring great speakers to Campus and offer at least one event per month.
– Facilitate interaction between the local startup ecosystem and the international IE community.
– Raise the profile of the club by co-operating with the entrepreneurship clubs from other top business schools.
Get in touch and participate!
You should join our Facebook page  IE Entrepreneurship Club and also sign up through ieCommunities portal to receive regular updates about what is going on.
We are also present on LinkedIn .
If you want, you can also send us an E-Mail .
Other than that – Find us and talk to us on Campus!
We are always looking for talented people that want to help with Club activities. Also, if you personally know an entrepreneur/investor who has an inspiring story to tell – hook us up!