We are looking for entries from musicians who think that they have got what it takes to create a song which is original and represents the true spirit of IE – one world with a diversity of minds. Please look at the rules below for more details.
It is a great opportunity for all musicians to make use of their skills to create a song for IE that will go on to become the IE Anthem. It would be a great pride for the winner to see their work of art being the symbol of IE.
The competition opens from today and the last date for sending entries is May 10, 2013. Three finalists will be selected and asked to perform their composition ion Madrid Campus from which the winner will be decided.
Not to forget the prize! The grand prize for the winners will be:
- iTunes Gift Card of 150€ for each group member. The card can be redeemed for whatever you want to buy at iTunes— songs, movies, TV shows, apps, games, books, and more!
- The chance to record their music composition in IE University Media Lab, our IE music studio!
- IE official recognition as IE Anthem authors at our Campus Life Website, social media and other sources of media.
The competition will be governed by the following rules:
To take part in the competition, you must be a student of IE master programs.
The same participant may not submit more than one project to the competition.
2. Object of the Competition
The object of the competition (hereafter the” project”), will be to present a song in MP3 format in English, of up to 6 minutes, that describes what you believe is the REAL IE CAMPUS LIFE EXPERIENCE.
The idea of the competition is to create an anthem that could be used to represent IE, its spirit and community in local and international events and/or sport competitions. You can find a couple of examples of anthems of other schools or universities in the following links: Columbia University  or Harvard University .
- The composition should be original work of art. Any entry not meeting this criteria will be eliminated.
- The song can be composed individually or in groups up to 4 members.
- All members involved in making the song composition should be current IE master program students.
- All compositions sent as entries will become the property of IE and IE has full right to use the same.
- The members behind making the song s. hould be physically present to perform their composition on April 23.
- The composition should be of minimum 3 minutes and maximum 6 minutes long.
- The song should necessarily have lyrics and no objectionable words. In case the words are inappropriate, the entry will be disqualified.
- The lyrics of the song should be in English.
- Please also attach the lyrics of the song in a word document.
- The entry should be sent in an MP3 format to the club coordinator email ID – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The last date for sending entries is May 10, 2013 11:59 PM.
3. Acceptance of Projects
Participants must present their songs within the established timeframe from March 21st until May 10th (Madrid time) both inclusive. The entry should be sent in an MP3 format to the club coordinator email .
4. Intellectual Property
Participants guarantee they are the legitimate owners of the songs submitted and ensure that they do not violate intellectual or industrial property rights of third parties. In the event of using music, sound or texts of third parties, participants guarantee that such elements are in the public domain or, otherwise, that they have the due authorization from the legitimate owners. Participants accept, with respect to IE, any liability arising from non-compliance with these declarations and guarantees.
IE reserves the right to demand that participants accredit their ownership of the project submitted.
Participants authorize the public communication of their projects on IE´s website and in any means that IE deems appropriate for publicizing the competition from the onset of participation in the competition until the winning project is made known, stating the author’s name.