Who are we?
IE USA Club is a geographic one that seeks to support the American community at IE and to engage our peers from other countries so they may get to know us better. The US is a large and unique place and our peers are often surprised to see how different people from California are different that those from Alabama or New York.
- Braden Weinstock (President) – November 2012 IMBA from Los Angeles, CA who likes adventure sports, travel in emerging countries, and Mexican food!
- Mallori Morris (VP) – April 2013 IMBA from Miami, FL shares a love of travel, adventure and meeting new people.
- Annie Chor (VP) – April 2013 IMBA from New York City has a passion for exploring new places, trying new foods, and lives by the quote – Carpe Diem!
- Kyle Fraser (Events) – November 2013 IMBA from New Mexico who is an adrenaline junkie that does not like haircuts.
- Wallis Ranatunga (Treasurer) – November 2012 IMBA from New York, loves travelling, cooking, and watching football with friends (Go Steelers!)
- Alexis Berger (Marketing & Communciations) – November 2012 IMBA with dual citizenship (Boston & New York), loves pad thai, vino blanco and photography.
While the US is often the news we hope to provide another perspective to our peers of what it means to be an American all the while creating a place Americans can come to for some good ‘ol American fun! This is why we put on a table at this year’s Global Village, hosted a “college house party”, and recently a July 4th party (in Bernabeu Stadium).
Our aim is to host events regularly as they correspond to things we would do in the US. So some upcoming things to look for are: American football, Super Bowl party, and Thanksgiving!
Get in touch and participate!
You can chat with any of the members of the board, or just the American in your class, to hear what we might be working on to see if you want to get involved. We can also be emailed at email@example.com  or check our Facebook  page. We are also open to co-hosting events with activity clubs (e.g. basketball – NBA Finals).