The election period will start on November 24th, right after the Club Fair. The exact dates are provided in the post “Election Schedule ”.
All members of an IE Club who are currently studying at IE or are partners of IE students, are allowed to raise their candidatures in order to occupy vacant positions in the Board of the club in question.
The maximum number of clubs in which a current IE student/partner can be a coordinator is two.
Club coordinators: 5 rules to remember
- 3 members of the current board can stay for the next term of office. The names of the coordinators staying should be sent to the email@example.com  before 11:59 pm on Sunday, November 30th.
- New students can send their self-nominations for the clubs of their interest during the same week (from November 24th to 30th at 11:59 pm). The completed nomination forms should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org . Campus Life will share the candidatures with the corresponding Club Boards on December 2.
- If the total number of candidatures (the members of the board staying + new candidates) is less or equal to 6 after 11:59 pm on November 30th, no elections will be required and the 3 new candidates will be announced members of the new board of the club. In case the total number of new candidates is less than 3, more than 3 members of the previous board can stay for the next term of office, always given that the total number of members of the board does not exceed 6 coordinators.
- If the total number of candidatures (the members of the board staying + new candidates) is bigger than 6, the club will have to organize elections in order to determine the new board. The members from the previous board who are staying for the next term of office (no more than 3) do not have to participate in the elections, their seats in the new board are automatically allocated.
- The names of all the Coordinators elected should be officially communicated to Campus Life office for the formal approval and update of the database of Club Boards and the website of Campus Life.
Elections: 4 rules to remember
- If there are more than 6 candidatures for the board of a club, elections are necessary.
- A member of the previous board should be appointed to organize the elections of the club.
- The clubs are requested to conduct elections for the new board in a free, transparent and fair manner. Selecting the most appropriate system for the election is the sole responsibility of the current Club Coordinators, always given that the system is participative and democratic.
- Dismissal of the Board: IE Campus Life has the authority to dismiss a Coordinator or the whole Board if there are proofs of violation of IE Ethics Code or the principles, values or norms contained in Campus Life Guidebook.
In both cases (if no elections are necessary or if the elections were held) the roles of the members of the new board can be freely decided by new coordinators and should be communicated to Campus Life no later than the dates indicated in “Election Schedule ” post.