Women in Business Club continues existing tradition and this year organizes in the third time the Mentoring Program. The Program is open to all MBA students and is organized together with IE centre of Diversity.
This year the Program has started in February with the series of events:
1) Kick-off event (February 2015)
2) Mentoring Workshop (March 2015)
3) Breakfast with Mentors (March 2015)
4) One-to-one sessions with mentors (March-July 2016)
5) Closing of Mentoring Program ( July 2015)
This year Mentoring Program has started with a great success. We got a great number of applications and selected the best suitable and most motivated candidates for Mentoring Program. Centre of Diversity as previously supported the program and connected the mentees with the mentors.
During the Mentoring Program the mentees will get the guidance and advices from mentors in order to be able to do the right strategic steps to realize their career dreams, to evaluate the beliefs and values, to say NO to certain positions and to identify the right work-life balance between personal and professional lives, to find out the tactics to get promotions internally and externally. The main goal of the mentoring program is to help mentees to decide what does mentee want in life and to define what needs to be made it to happen, how to create the conditions and build the connections.
The mentors will help the mentees to review the IE´s values such as Diversity, Humanities, Social Responsibility and Entrepreneurship, and to align them with own values. The mentors will help to find out what it means to be entrepreneurs of own career, including the following questions:
• How to be sure that our dreams are adjusted to this world?
• How to plan strategically and to find short term goals and to be flexible to review the path and long term goals.
• What are “individual responsibilities”?
• Who are professional role models?
• Who are the negative roles (what do I not want to be)?
Working together Mentees and Mentors will found out the right balance for the strategy and tactics and also the difference between real time and quality time as well as the personal methodology to make decisions and be consistent to follow them.