The election period will start on Oct 14th, right after the Club Fair. The exact dates are provided in the document “Election Schedule ”.
All members of an IE Club who are currently studying at IE or are partners of IE students, are allowed to raise their candidatures  in order to occupy vacant positions in the Board of the club in question.
The maximum number of clubs in which a current IE student/partner can be a coordinator is two.
Club coordinators: 6 rules to remember
- Due to the increased number of students on Campus this year, the clubs are allowed to decide if they want to keep the number of coordinators the same as always (6) or if they want to increase it to a maximum of 8 coordinators.
- 3 to 5 members of the current board can stay for the next term of office. The names of the coordinators staying should be sent to the firstname.lastname@example.org  before 11:59 pm on Sunday, October 18th. Please remember that you always have to leave at least 3 positions available for new students to apply for
- New students can send their self-nominations for the clubs of their interest during the same week (from Oct 14th to Oct 18th at 11:59 pm). The completed nomination forms should be sent to email@example.com . Campus Life will share the candidatures with the corresponding Club Boards on Oct 20.
- If the total number of candidatures (the members of the board staying + new candidates) is less or equal to the maximum number of coordinators selected by the board (6 to 8) after 11:59 pm on Oct 18th, no elections will be required and the 3 new candidates will be announced members of the new board of the club. In case the total number of new candidates is less than 3, more members of the previous board can stay for the next term of office, always given that the total number of members of the board does not exceed the maximum number of coordinators allowed (6 to 8).
- If the total number of candidatures (the members of the board staying + new candidates) is bigger than the maximum number established by the club (6 to 8), the club will have to organize elections in order to determine the new board. The members from the previous board who are staying for the next term of office do not have to participate in the elections, their seats in the new board are automatically assigned.
- The names of all the Coordinators elected should be officially communicated to Campus Life office for the formal approval and update of the database of Club Boards and the website of Campus Life.
Elections: 4 rules to remember
- If there are more than 3 candidatures for the board of a club and the total number of coordinators staying for the next term of office + new candidates exceeds the maximum number of coordinators established by the club (6 to 8), elections are necessary.
- A member of the board should be appointed to organize the elections of the club.
- The clubs are requested to conduct elections for the new board in a free, transparent and fair manner. Selecting the most appropriate system for the election is the sole responsibility of the current Club Coordinators, always given that the system is participative and democratic.
- Dismissal of the Board: IE Campus Life has the authority to dismiss a Coordinator or the whole Board if there are proofs of violation of IE Ethics Code or the principles, values or norms contained in Campus Life Guidebook.
In both cases (if no elections are necessary or if the elections were held) the roles of the members of the new board can be freely decided by new coordinators and should be communicated to Campus Life no later than the dates indicated in “Election Schedule ” post.