The election period will start on October 10th, right after the Club Fair. The exact dates are provided in the document “Election Schedule ”.
All members of an IE Club who are currently studying at IE or are partners of IE students, are allowed to raise their candidatures in order to occupy vacant positions in the Board of the club in question.
The maximum number of clubs in which a current IE student/partner can be a coordinator is two.
Club coordinators: 6 rules to remember
- The clubs are allowed to have a maximum of 6 coordinators.
- 3 member of the current board can stay for the next term of office. The names of the coordinators staying should be sent to email@example.com  before 11:59 pm on Saturday, October 15th. Please remember that you always have to leave at least 3 positions available for new students to apply for.
- New students can send their self-nominations (DOWNLOAD THE FORM HERE ) for the clubs of their interest during the same week (from October 10th to 15th at 11:59 pm). The completed nomination forms should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org . Campus Life will share the candidatures with the corresponding Club Boards no later than October 18th.
- If the total number of potential coordinators (the members of the board staying for the next term of office + new candidates) is less or equal to 6 after 11:59 pm on October 15th, no elections will be required and the 3 new candidates will be announced members of the new board of the club. In case the total number of new candidates is less than 3, more members of the previous board can stay for the next term of office, always given that the total number coordinators is not higher than 6.
- If the total number of potential coordinators (the members of the board staying for the next term of office + new candidates) is higher than 6, the club will have to organize elections in order to determine the new board. The members from the previous board who are staying for the next term of office do not have to participate in the elections, their seats in the new board are automatically assigned.
- The names of all the Coordinators elected should be officially communicated to Campus Life office for the formal approval and update of the database of Club Boards and http://clubs.ie.edu  no later than October 30th.
Elections: 2 rules to remember
- In case the elections are necessary, the clubs are requested to conduct them in a free, transparent and fair manner. Selecting the most appropriate system for the election is the sole responsibility of the current Club Coordinators, always given that the system is participatory and democratic.
- Dismissal of the Board: IE Campus Life has the authority to dismiss a Coordinator or the whole Board if there are proofs of violation of IE Ethics Code or the principles, values or norms contained in this guide.
In both cases (if no elections are necessary or if the elections were held) the roles of the members of the new board can be freely decided by new coordinators and should be communicated to Campus Life no later than the dates indicated in “Election Schedule ” document.