The Ecommerce Club and Campus Life Hosted the event: Exploring the world of luxury e-Commerce with Valeria Dominguez, in her last presentation in public as Corporate Director of e-Commerce & Omni – channel at Adolfo Dominguez.
Ms. Dominguez has a vested experience in e-Commerce in Adolfo Dominguez, where she developed all strategy for the area, making improvements and increasing sales.
In this event, she shared with the students tips for improvement in e-Commerce business and how to implement this in the luxury and fashion industry.
1. It won´t work, be prepared for resistance, this is related to conquering your costumers, even when they don´t know you.
2. Don´t bury the project, try always to show the number of the e-Commerce Platform to the CEO and other areas of the company, such as Marketing or Finances.
3. Management American Style, this style doesn´t ask for the permission, they give projects and ideas to the company.
4. Make It comfortable for the client, give to them free shipping and returns. Make easy their experience buying online.
5. Conversation Online, people spent 80% online and they are willing to talk about your brand.
6. The customer is already Omni – channel, they buy online and they check products offline.
7. Technology is the Servant not the Master, you need know what and how to use the new tools for your business
8. The Myth of the first mover Advantage, is not necessary to be the first in the market. Always your competitors could do it and fail.
9. Beauty, emotion, feeling connected, you have to adjust to the clients and make them part of your brand.
10. Protect the essence, change everything, engage the new generations.
After her presentation, Valeria Dominguez founded her own business Called Digital Influencer, where she promoted the Digital and e-Commerce Jobs. She is IE IMBA Alumni, and she has an executive MBA from Harvard Business School.