Last September, the e-Commerce Club with Campus Life organized the event: E-Commerce & Digital Marketing: “A recipe to success”, where Jorge Sanchez Paniagua was the guest speaker. With more than 10 years in the Telecom industry, he is currently the E-Commerce & Digital Marketing Manager of Vodafone Spain. Before of this position, he worked in roles in sales and marketing.
In this opportunity, more than 50 students attended the event, where he explained about the importance of e-Commerce in the current market, and how the Telecom industry is moving forward to this way to sell products.
Also Sanchez gave 10 important tips for an e-Commerce Platform:
1. Strong push on results, you can check almost in real time your sales and improve online strategies if your business needs it.
2. Cost efficiency, having an e-Commerce platform is cheaper than a physical store, reducing cost and having the same profitability
3. Traffic generation as a necessary condition but not unique, because you always need quality in your new leads for transforming those in sales.
4. Best in class customer experience, make them a really easy e-Commerce experience will make your customers come back.
5. Engagement and commercial dynamization, always you have to create strategies and promotion for your clients
6. Multi-Web management, generating an experience to your costumers through mobile or web.
7. DMP & personalization, through the costumer journey, you can know the preferences of you clients and give to them a unique experience.
8. Web & assisted sales optimization, with different support tools like live chats of what´s app support.
9. Innovation and think big, looking for the new technological opportunities in the market for improving your business and with new ideas.
10. Never give up, even when your e-commerce platform is not selling so well as you expected, you can always do a quick tune to the online store and improve strategies.
Mr. Sánchez is IE IMBA Alumni and PH Doctorate in Industrial Engineering from Valladolid University.