Hugo Loredo, The Ecommerce Club and Campus Life, hosted the event: “How to Innovate Through Corporate Culture and Technology” with Marcos Constandse Redko, board member of Experiencias Xcaret- the leading eco theme park company in Latin America.
Mr. Constandse has a vested experience in innovation and business development within the tourism industry and currently he is developing the new business strategy for the leisure group. In this event, Mr. Constandse shared with IE students’ key success points about how to create an innovative corporate culture and how students can implement them in their careers or family businesses.
1. Be clear about what you would like to achieve
2. Important location with an important flow of people
3. Partnerships with research centers, universities, environment authorities and NGO’s.
4. Be aware of opportunities
5. Keep doing what it works does not guarantee a successful future
6. Be thankful and give back to nature what you have received
7. Every tourism segment is valuable
8. Sustainability as a corporate philosophy and be congruent between what you want and what you do.
9. Disasters are unique opportunities to reinvent yourself
10. Your employees are your most important allies, so take care of them, be transparent and invest in them.
11. Crisis are unique opportunities to get ahead of your competitors
12. Listen to the market, monitor your competition and improve what already exists
13. Always look inside the company and constantly reinvent yourself
14. Be adventurous and get out of your comfort zone
15. Invest in new technologies and be creative
16. Change the rules of the game
17. Know that the best is yet to come, always!