Last night, October 24th, the Women in Business Club hosted our Women in Luxury & Retail Dinner sponsored by Mastercard at Habanera. This event is one of our 6-part dinner series, each hosting speakers and students interested in a sector voted for by our club members.
Joined by Veronica Baez Marquez Former Marketing Director at LVMH and CEO & Co-Founder of Designersrooms, Marina Oliveira Vendor Manager Beauty and Luxury Beauty at Amazon.es, Marisa Velasco Brand & Communications Director at LasRozasVillage in Value Retail and Alessandra Chichi EVP and General Counsel for HBO Europe.
All of our guest speakers took their path one step ahead and are focusing on the next level of the Luxury & Retail world:
• Veronica who stepped into the powerful entrepreneurship world and founding a strategic consulting services, specializing in the development of Luxury and fashion brands.
• Alessandra who is an inspiring executive in one of the successful companies that is in charge of many Luxury players (actors and shows) in the market and their daily performances.
• Marina who is enriching every day the environment in Amazon and is looking into changing the Luxury Beauty department in Amazon, making it more environmentally friendly.
• Marisa which is in charge of creating the best Luxury experience for clients while they shop for the next Luxury item in the Real Estate company which holds all the Luxury brands under one roof.
During the dinner the members of the club brought up a very important subject which touches all: Sustainability and Environment. We spoke about how important it is for the Luxury brands, that many people would pay a high price for them, should set a positive example while watching over the environment and being an influencer as part of being the change in the world.
The evening began with networking followed by a sit down 3 course dinner where we went around the table introducing ourselves and asking questions about the Luxury industry and its secret to be successfully positioned. consulting industry that we do not have access to asking in most career related environments and shared our personal experiences as women in business. Key learnings from our amazing speakers and students that we’d like to share from this event include:
• As Luxury is a very competitive industry, you need to understand that if you truly believe in yourself, take risks, go forward with it and don’t be afraid to fail.
• I always ask myself: What is the worst thing that can happen? I always see that the answer is the answer I already had before trying- No.
• The “secret” is to think outside of the box, to initiate and create.
• You are the only person who is standing in front of achieving what you would like to, put yourself in the spot light, just like high branding, and people will approach you the same.
Our Dinner Series is designed in an intimate setting to facilitate open and honest conversation to flow between leading professionals and students, a learning experience and sharing of perspectives like no other. Future Dinner Series events planned until the end of the year include: Women in Fast Moving Consumer Goods, Technology and Leadership. Join the Women in Business Club here to be kept in the loop for future events.
We look forward to seeing you at our next Women in Business Dinner Series Event.